Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 2 - CRCRC Miswest Championships

Day 2




Well, day two was a little better. Got the set up a bit closer. Thanks to Joe Pillars for the tips. I have seen Joe helping out so many people I wonder if he has gotten any laps in! Good to see these guys supporting the others in the hobby! Still broke a hub or two and had a Stadium Truck rip my front shock off my Lazer, but both cars seem to be in the ball park now. Mike is depleting my spare parts box fairly rapidly and has broken quite a bit. Steve's cars look good out there and Fred and Chet are changing set up's every time out! The surface is REALLY different to anything we run up in Canada. We were watching Tebo and Cavaleri and they look like they were having their share of issues with some spots on the track though as well. We bought some step stools this morning at Walmart to get us a better view of the track. Best $8.97 (roll back priced) I have spent so far! Other than that, lots of carnage off the triple and the traction is still crazy. The hot set up is stiffer springs than usual and slicked taper pins (or slicked ribs in 2wd). I am actually running a half slicked taper pin up front of my 4wd as the full slick has crazy steering. If I never have to dremel another tire I will die a happy man. I think I have done half a dozen sets today and the smell of burning rubber is ingrained in my head. Oh, yeah, the Glenwood guys have like a 26" Plasma with and Xbox and I saw Jeremy Fellas playing Guitar Hero earlier on in the day. I think the Hot Bodies guys also have a table belt sander (for tires) and a drill press (for ??) set up in their pit. The A/E pit is huge and looks impressive. Us Kyosho guys are scattered a bit more and the Losi guys are scattered even more. There are a fair amount of X Factory cars and "The Dirt" is looking pretty good out there. The 8th scale cars are pretty crazy. One guy jumped the triple and landed in the staight (a good 15 feet past the landing). The internet is sketchy on site so most of the updates will have to be done from the hotel (I hear some RC cars ripping down the hallway). So here are a few more pics and vids for now...gotta go wrench.

Johnny

P.S. - Was making fun of Mike for ordering fish, salad and a club soda at the steakhouse where us actual men ate red meat and drank beer.....haha




No comments: