Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
So to kick off the test, we are putting the new Kyosho MP9 TKI2 up against the new JQ Products THE Car. Samurai vs Viking! Should be a good fight.
We are going to start off with the build and comparing some of the parts. I am just waiting for them to both arrive (will both be here in the next few days).
In the meantime a quick comparison:
Japan: Total Area = 377,994 km2
Finland: Total Area = 338,424 km2
Japan: GDP (per capita) = $33,478
Finland: GDP (per capita) = $34,044
Japan: Drives on left hand side
Finland: Drives on right hand side
Japan: Flag: Two colours with a circle
Finland: Flag: Two colours with a cross
So so far we are at a draw in the comparison. LOL.
Stay tuned.....we are far from done with this.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
So the so called "silly season" is over (for me at least) and for 2011 I have re-signed with Kyosho America and JConcepts. I have also added Team Orion to the official list and will be excited to run some of their new gear.
As for the 'ol Blog, I am going to try out a couple of new things:
- "Act of Dominance" car reviews. I am going to take a couple of cars this season and put them up against the MP9 TKI2 at some of the local club races and timed practiced sessions. I am going to run them back to back and compare lap times and subjective feel. I will also add in reviews on the quality of the parts and build up with lots of pictures and videos. Don't expect too many cars as it will be self funded and will depend on how much money I can hide from the wife for the purchases...haha (Unless some manufacturers want to man up and send out a kit to see how it stacks up). This should be a cool little comparison project and it won't be a fluffy magazine review. I am going to "keep it real" pull no punches and call it like it is. Stay tuned for more info!
- I am also going to dig around and answer a lot of racers questions on products. I will compare stuff like tires, wheels & inserts with dimensions, weights and quality. Again lots of pics etc.
- I am biting the bullet and buying a pretty cool new camera. Not wanting to lug a SLR around, I am going to pick up a Panasonic Lumix DMCLX5K. Pretty bad ass little camera. Hope they are on sale for Boxing Day!
- I would like to welcome Jerome Treignier to the Red Army. Jerome has always used Kyosho cars but now has been officially brought on-board the program (good call Joe!). He is actually French (France French, not Quebecois) but is living here for school and will be doing the race scene here. It will be nice to have an official Team mate and hopefully we can fill up some of the podiums spots this year.
- Now if only someone would pic up this kid (of maybe he needs to get off his ass and make a proper proposal up...haha). Ryan has the speed and the desire and is a good kid. You will see him in the A Main this year.
- Time to buck up and pick up an 8th scale nitro buggy buddy! I was in your shoes before and I really have grown to like nitro racing. The competition is awesome here too. Screw buying a house...haha.
So that is it for now. Thanks for checking out the blog and I guess the real season kick off race will be Motorama in Februray. Super stoked to be going to that race!