2wd Open B Main
Everyone pretty much ran Step Pins or Goosebumps. I noticed by later in the day there was a harder surface exposed on the racing line. For the main I decided to use JConcepts Flip Outs and I think it was a good choice (for me at least). A bit of a gong show start put me into second place and then I biffed it off the double table to go to like second last. I managed to work my way back up into the mix. The race was pretty good with the top 4 of us training around for a bit and jockeying for position. Not a whole lot of passing but lots of gifting of the lead by all of us. I worked my way into the lead for a bit but I crashed off the double table and gifted the lead to a hard charging Matt Stacey. Chased him down for a few laps and got within a second of him when we got into some lapped traffic. Eric Deschenes must have thought the battle for last place was important as he would not move over even though the announcer told him he was a lap down and the battle for the lead was coming through. We tangled a couple times before I could get around him (yes I am bitter). Drove my ass off and closed in on Matt about a second per lap but I was one or two laps short as the buzzer went and he managed to hold me off to the finish to take the bump up spot to the show. Matt drove a super clean race. So my day was done.
2wd Buggy B-Main Results
|1. Stacey, Matt||-17 Laps - 6 min 18.32 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|2. Summach, John||-17 Laps - 6 min 20.03 sec||(Kyosho)|
|3. Catricala, John||-16 Laps - 6 min 5.94 sec||(Tamiya TRF201)|
|4. Laliberte, Steve||-16 Laps - 6 min 16.38 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|5. Glover, Joe||-16 Laps - 6 min 20.13 sec||(Tamiya TRF 201)|
|6. Breen, Sean||-15 Laps - 6 min 0.41 sec||(PSI LMX)|
|7. Wright, Tom||-15 Laps - 6 min 3.11 sec||(Tamiya TRF 201)|
|8. Deschenes, Eric||-15 Laps - 6 min 8.21 sec||(Schumacher)|
|9. Gutuescu, Mihai||-15 Laps - 6 min 18.95 sec||(Tamiya TRF 201)|
2wd Open A Main
Total gong show! Rough start and lots of banging going on. I think in the first 1/4 of the race half the field broke out! (I think they all did it on the same lap too!) Matt did the B Mainers proud by getting into the third spot, David Lecuyer was in the second spot and Damian Lamy was GONE in first place. He stretched out a comfortable lead and then smartly put it on cruise control for the remainder to take the win.
2wd Buggy A-Main Results
|1. Lamy, Damian||-17 Laps - 6 min 1.86 sec||(Associated FTB4)|
|2. Lecuyer, David||-17 Laps - 6 min 15.63 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|3. Stacey, Matt||-17 Laps - 6 min 18.38 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|4. Solt, Jake||-17 Laps - 6 min 19.42 sec||(Associated B4)|
|5. Tyler, Kevin||-16 Laps - 6 min 3.28 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|6. limlaw, Joe||-4 Laps - 1 min 41.49 sec||(X Factory X-6²)|
|7. Lamy, Gaetan||-3 Laps - 1 min 1.93 sec||(Associated FTB4)|
|8. Gagnon, John||-2 Laps - 0 min 38.9 sec||(TQ Racing)|
|9. Legault, Benoit||-2 Laps - 0 min 42.69 sec|| (Schumacher)|
4wd Open A Main
Another gong show start. I missed a bunch of this as my loaner camera was all screwed up and I tried fixing it. I think it was Joe Glover out in the clear from the start and took the win with Benoit Legault in second and Damian Lamy in third. I'll let the video do the talking.
4wd Buggy A-Main Results
|1. Glover, Joe||-19 Laps - 6 min 16.39 sec||(Tamiya DB01R)|
|2. Legault, Benoit||-18 Laps - 6 min 0.58 sec||(Schumacher)|
|3. Lamy, Damian||-18 Laps - 6 min 7.98 sec||(Associated FTB44)|
|4. Birku, Abiye||-18 Laps - 6 min 9.36 sec||(Tamiya 512)|
|5. Bortolotti, Steve||-18 Laps - 6 min 13.51 sec||(Tamiya 512)|
|6. Gruver, Chris||-18 Laps - 6 min 15.85 sec||(Team Durango DEX410)|
|7. Stacey, Matt||-17 Laps - 6 min 3.48 sec||(Mihai Tamiya 511)|
|8. Wright, Tom||-17 Laps - 6 min 13.21 sec||(Tamiya 512)|
|9. Lecuyer, David||-4 Laps - 1 min 15.08 sec||(Team Durango DEX410)|
- We rolled into town in a bad ass pimped out right hand JDM Mitsubishi Pajero that Ryan Luna bought. It was totally trippy being on the left side of the car and in control of nothing.
- I can only wonder what the racing surface was like before they dumped some clay into the mix. Was pretty "beachy". Must have been a sand trap before!
- Good to visit other tracks! Good bunch of guys there and great support from the local hobby stores. Tons of great door prizes! Still can't believe we can't have a track in the Toronto area.
- The drive sucked. Up at 1am Saturday in bed at 11pm. 21 hours up takes its toll. I guess I am getting old. I fell asleep in like 5 minutes.
- California set ups DO NOT work at this track...haha...I must have changed a dozen things and while it was getting better it still wasn't where I wanted the car to be.
- Little Damien Lamy drove really well for a 12 year old! LOL Laid the smack down. I was told his dad built a nice track in their back yard for him to practice...I thought of this too, but my kid is going to play golf...where the $$$ is...haha
- Good racing for the most part. Most of the guys were pretty clean but the guys who weren't were REAL hacky.
- Who would have thought that a British Pub would serve decent butter chicken?! Abiye convinced me that it would be good simply because the picture on the menu "looked legit". It was actually really good.
- You cannot go wrong with Holiday Inn Express. Totally worth a few extra bucks to sleep in a nice room with nice bathroom and sweet free breakfast. I hate staying in cheap ass ghetto hotels.
- Insane variety of cars being raced there, which is refreshing. A/E, Losi, Kyosho, Tamiya, Durango, Hot Bodies, Schumacher, X-Factory, PSi Racing, TQ Racing and MRC/Academy were all present...crazy.
- JB I think actually took his shoes off when he went to sleep. I may be wrong though.
- JB set Abiye's Bose iPod dock to repeat play Milli Vanilli's Blame it on the rain and then left for lunch.
-Before we left Abiye rebuilt his shocks. I was shocked (haha pun) with what was inside them. half filled, black oil...awesome.
- Abiye trusted JB to glue his tires even though 3 tires coming off the rims that JB glued cost him the win at the RC Pro Series Canadian Finals.
- Abiye had zero luck in the A Main. He got the short end of every stick when it came to pile ups and marshalling.
Abiye's lovely shock oil...
The Pajero! This thing had LED lighting, 7" DVD, Bluetooth stereo (streaming iPad and iPhone music), GPS, independent rear heating controls, turbo timer, insane off road lighting etc etc.
The Track Layout (sorry I lost my auto stitch program)
Close up of the beach (freshly tamped)
The GTA Crew
"The Prodigy" 12 year old Damian Lamy (nice kid)
Damian's unique rear end (complete with sway bar and lead weight on the hubs)
A little tagging on Steve's Tamiya
Some of variety of cars at the event:
TQ Mid Motor
Steve's Tamiya (sweet paint..haha)
I think I got the shaft on concourse. Come on this shit is TIGHT! haha
High flying action over the double table (note plexi wall to keep everyone in check)
See Mike I was smiling!
Abiye and JB were playing on the beach and making sand castles with my car stand!
Local CTV news crew was there.
Thanks to Ryan Luna and Robert Bekkers for letting me use some of the photo's and video's. I am waiting till after Christmas to get a pimpin' new camera!