Sunday, January 3, 2010

Next "Almost Live" Race Coverage: 2010 CRCRC Midwest Championships



Well having to do inventory at work kaibashed my racing efforts this past weekend. I also have to work at the Toronto International Boat Show this weekend so that I can take the 5 days off to go race toy cars. So, I won't have much track time under the belt (only three races since getting back into racing). For a seasonal business, I seem to be working a lot in the winter....



So the Toronto contingent (aka: CRCRC Rat Pack) will be down to 7 people as J.B. isn't making the trip anymore. This leaves: myself, "Old Guy" Fred, Chet, "Whipper Snapper" Ryan, "Super Fro" Abiye, "86mph" Steve and "I left my 2wd at home" Jay. We are trying to pack all of us down into 2 cars, but we'll have to see what pans out. I wanted to leave the trusty Subaru at home this year, but it looks like we will need the cargo space. I threw it out there for Ryan to use his brand new F150 but that e-mail went unanswered...lol (The others are all 4 door sedans). I mean who doesn't want to put 1500 km on their car in 5 days...oh wait I did it twice now. haha

Boxes are arriving daily now from Kyosho, Peak, JConcepts and some last minute little stuff from A Main Hobbies.

For all you race nuts there should be lots of coverage for the event. Here are some links to bookmark:

www.johnnyboy.ca (of course)
johnnyboy.ca facebook page (pics and videos)
www.crcrc.blogspot.com (Rodney's)
http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=145 (Not sure if Brent will be doing again this year?)
www.liverc.com (pony up and become a member already...)
www.crcrc.com (host site)
www.peopleofwalmart.com (There should be some good ones being in Columbus...)
www.rcsignup.com (for you stragglers still not entered)

Well that is it for now I guess. I better go get some tires mounted.

See you in the C-Bus!

johnnyboy

No comments: