Friday, November 5, 2010

2010 Toronto Hobby Show Offroad Carpet Race - Day 1


So day one is in the books and it was a good day. The Hobby Show has shrunk in recent years, but I suppose there is some cool stuff in here and some decent deals on stuff (I bought a 4 channel mini RC heli for $45 and some knock off European Lego for my son). The track is right in the limelight in the center of the show which is cool. The track layout is fun and fast! I am using a modifed Shin Adachi set up and the new RB5SP2 is sick out there. I have never really been competitive on off road carpet but I managed to snag fast lap of the day in 2wd open with a 12.0 second lap. Anything in the low to mid 12's is good though. One mistake on this track will put you a half lap down though. In 4wd open Martin Petrie is laying it down with a 11.4 which I think was fastest for them. Wasn't paying attention to SC Trucks so not sure what is going on there...haha Tomorrow is the race day though and there will be more fast guys showing up. We'll see how it goes!

Random Thoughts:
- God, i miss 2wd electric. Soooooo much fun. Can't wait to hit up some dirt action soon!
- B-Fast RC diff kits are wicked smooth. I ran around the pits feeling diffs and mine is definitely the smoothest.
- The Tekin RS Pro with the 212 software is pretty good. Still could use a tweak or two to get to LRP smoothness, but it is pretty close.
- There is some funny shit here at the show. I'll grab some pics tomorrow for sure.


Chet'isms
- Chet came up to me and said he did a 12.0 lap. I said damn that is good. Then I realized it was in 4wd...boo-yah sucka!


Fred'isms
- There are two SWEET poles in-line with the big jump. It has Fred written all over them...haha..Fred informed me that he has not in fact hit the poles yet.......It is coming though :P


Jay'isms
- Jay is looking smooth and consistent out there. Must be the Niftech sauce I gave him.


Ryan'isms
- Ryan is trying to intimidate me on Facebook with some smack talk...not working bitch. Act of dominance on the track is coming tomorrow.


Mike'isms
- YES! After a two year hiatus (Mikey was overseas working in Korea) Mike is making his Ali like return to the ring! Using his 2 year old gear, he is looking pretty good out there and is getting up to speed fast. His pit space is still a landfill and is like a dike ready to burst into Steve and John's pit area. Good to have you back Mike!

Exhibit A: The Landfill!

Some pics:

Some slot car action

Loads of rift raft working in this booth...haha

Caged in flying area

Track from the pits


Told you my new body will show up on Monday after the race :(
* Notice nice clean pit area....


Quick lap with Bill Jones..I think.

No comments: