Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Next Almost Live Race Coverage: ROAR Region 1 Championships @ Glenwood RC Park



A last minute out of town trip for the wife now means I am once again free to play with toy cars! This time it is the ROAR Region 1 Championships held at Glenwood R/C Park in New York. we have never raced at their outdoor track so we are all excited to check it out as the Glenwood guys know how to make fun and technical tracks! Steve and Gino are heading down on Friday, but myself and Chet will be going down on Saturday morning. Mike is sipping Club Soda's overseas somewhere on vacation or something. I don't know where to go set up wise but there are a few fast Kyosho's down there so hopefully they can help me get up to speed quickly. So the camera is charged and the cars are...well still dirty (I'll have to get to those at some point!). I think the hotel has internet so hopefully I can update on Saturday night with some pics and video.




Random Info:

- The RB5 is now running the new Worlds rear end kit, but with the stock rear arms. I feel it gives the car more overall traction on looser tracks. So far my car is fastest with this set up.

- The Lazer ZX5SP was dialed and now is not so dialed. Don't know why, but I have a couple of tweaks to try out still.

- Hopefully my new 2008 Orion Race brushless motors come in this week as well as my Pro-Line tire order.

- Been soooo busy between Work, Kid, R/C, Bike Racing, Bike Race Officiating and other business crap that I am a little stretched thin. Hard to get everything done (the cars have been sitting in the corner of my basement for a couple of weeks now)

No comments: