Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, the Dirt Storm was more of a Dust Devil. With the forecast showing rain, a lot of guys stayed in so we called it a club race. Well of course with the weather man calling for rain it was sunny and hot all day (well it did rain at about 7pm). I also forgot my camera and no one wanted to really take pictures cause it was hot as hell! So I apologize for the lack of coverage. Race results are here: www.sidsraceway.com. Short story: I TQ'd in 2wd and was well into the lead in the main until a lower rear shock screw came out. Gino (who broke earlier in the main) made a quick 1 minute pit fix taking the screw off his car and putting it on mine and I came back out to finish off the 10 minute main. I lost 2-3 laps though and couldn't make up the ground. I think I still finished 5th though. In 4wd I had some ball cup problems and didn't get a good run in. I was 7th on the grid for the main. I managed to reel in cars up to the second slot and started to catch Steve out in the lead when his car broke with a couple of laps left to take the 4wd win. The 20 minute Truck main was crazy. After all that time on the track Sean and Richard were still battling for the lead and 3rd place Jay was still within striking distance! It came down to the last few corners with Richard pulling out the win followed by Sean and Jay.

Again, sorry for the quick update, but work has been crazy busy in the day and the kid keeps me jumping when I get home...haha

No comments: