Saturday, January 17, 2009

CRCRC Day Two - Practice

CRCRC Day 2 - Practice

Ok, so I was having some set up issues today and couldn't get to alot of the blog stuff I wanted to. I apologize, but I had to try and get my cars up to speed first. Traction will be a big issue this year. Should be slicks to start and it is pretty warm in the bulding so I would think the pin will increase as the day goes on. I heard they will only water once in the morning only. Later on people were using ghost pins and by the end of the day JConcept Bar Codes and Losi BK Bars looked like the hot ticket. I took some quick pics and a couple of quick videos (I should have lots of time in between rounds to do some uploading tomorrow).

People looking fast:

Ryan Cavaleri -In all three classes looks fast. Particularly in 4wd though. Very dialed
Dustin Evans - Ripping in 2wd
Jared Tebo - Looking good in all three classes.
Al Horne - 2wd is looking really good
Cody King - 2wd and 4wd are dialed
Brent Theilke - Was laying down some fast times
Jesse Robbers - Looking good in 2wd and 4wd

I know I am missing some, but these people came to mind first.

*pic still coming
Jay'isms

- Jay is loving seeing the Pro's in action
- Jay did not re-build his diff
- Jay's cars are sitting dirty on the floor in our room right now, while Steve is working on his like a champ.
- Shame on Jay. HA!
- Jay could have picked up Jane (the 60 year old cashier at Walmart). I think she took a fancying to him and kept asking him questions about the race?!?!

Random Thoughts:

- I miss Jill (Mike's Garmin GPS's voice). I am going to toss my crappy i-way GPS out the window after it gave us a nice little tour of Columbus while trying to find a Walmart. I had to again buy the coveted US only baby formula for my kid and the GPS took us about 15 minutes out of the way.
- Steve and Jay (aka Harold and Kumar) tried to go to Whitecastle, but the service was so slow, we booked out of there for Wendy's instead
- There is a new Team feeling with Kyosho. Jared really has brought a new professonalism to the team over what I noticed from last year. All those guys (Tebo, King Pillars, Horne) are all very cool with us lesser types and are egar to have all the Kyosho's out here running well. Very cool.
- Kyosho's varying rear spring lengths caused a bit of confusion for us today.
- There are lots of new LiPo set ups out there for the "Big Three" without using weight plates.
- The track drying out is going to make it tough for set up during the day. It will be interesting to see how it affects lap times
- It is friggin cold out here still
- I think I saw Dakotah's mom. I am going to ask her for cupcakes tomorrow.
- The Shamwow makes for a very nice pit mat (some people actually noticed it..haha)
- Rolling Rock is plentiful here (I got a 12 pack at Walmart and had one at lunch today!)

Some pics:


Denver's Losi Ace Matt Chambers in the Hot Bodies secret tire tuning "booth" shaving some tires down.


VIP pit spaces


Robbers D4


Young Canadian Gun Ty Tessman's B4. Rumor has it they were breaking parts on the D2 - I only heard that second hand though, so don't quote me on it!

Kyosho boys getting it done!

X Factory X5 (squared?)

Can't get away from the Glenwood guys! Good to have them around as always!

Tebo's and Cavaleri's cars chilling in the hotel lobby while their owners eat breakfast.

Matt Chambers XXX-CR

Dustin Evans XXX CR (I think)

A/E Manager Brent Theilke's B4

Cav's B4 (running the new LiPo set up)

Al Horne's RB5

Cody King's RB5

Pillars hacking the only female racer here...haha

A/E's newest driver Brayden Obremski's T4

Al Horne's RT5 (Al's paint is KILLER!)

A small sampling of Tebo's tires

Mike Barrett's B4

Old Skooler - Brian Dunbar's B4 (pre stickered...which was a time consuming event in the hotel room evidently)




No comments: