Saturday, November 21, 2009

Almost Live is Back!




Well off to fastcats for the one day trophy race on their indoor carpet off-road track. I have been out of the game for a good 6-8 months and was up until 2 am building up a new RB5SP car. Thanks to Tamiya Canada racer Abiye Birku for loaning me some tools to build it (as my new Kyosho Kanai super bling tools are still on order). Going to be a little rusty, but no better way to shake out the cobb webs than to just jump right back in on a race day with zero practice! LOL. I forgot a bunch of set up stuff but Joe Pillars at Kyosho/Peak endured all my e-mails regarding car set up and motor settings. I know the car at least turns on and goes straight from testing it in my basement and I only had a few extra screws left over after the build...haha. The new body isn't done but my old one still has life in it. So good to go. I know a lot of the guys there have stepped it up and gotten quite fast on the super high traction surface. I guess I will have to get there early and get as much practice in as I can as I missed Saturday practice and it is really quite different than driving on dirt. Anyways, stoked to be back and can't wait to get some indoor action in!



Randon thoughts:

- The RB5SP has some great running changes. Mainly the new beefed up steering racks. No need for alloy ones anymore.
- The new turnbuckles, while not as bling as the gold ones, do not bind up on the springs and are just as strong.
- I have finally made the switch to the Kyosho hex wheels over the proline ones. The hex is where it is at! No more roll pins!!!!
- The Orion servos are really quite good. Very fast and strong.
- I am so stoked to have an Orion 8.5 V2 Vortex brushless motor. 8.5 is my favourite wind in a 2wd.
- I still need to clean up/stealthen the wiring but it was 2am and I was too tired to change wiring etc.
- The new Orion charger is also killer! up to 10 amp charge for LiPo. 2C charging finally!
- I sold my power supply to Fred and Chet then like a week later I decide to race again and have no power supply. I am a dumb ass sometimes.
- I will however sign the cheque and get the new 44A Much More power supply and be the envy of all!


.:insert photo here:.
Jayism's
- Jay went back to the B4
- Jay hopefully will not forget to pack his 2wd for this race
- I am willing to bet Jay's diff's need re-building
- Jay is stoked for CRCRC Miswest Champs race

No comments: