Monday, November 30, 2009

Power Supply Envy....


MuchMore Power Master Legend (~$200)
So I broke down and got what I think is the coolest power supply out there. 44 amps of DC goodness. I looked at smaller cheaper ones along the way but just couldn't get away from this one. Price be damned, it is too damn sexy! Too much power is never a bad thing and all the hook up ports are sweet. I may be a fashion whore, but hey, I have to look at it on the bench all day long at a race, might as well be pretty! haha. So if you are pitting next to me, feel free to tap into the gluttony of power I now possess!

The contenders were (quick rundown):


Much More Power Master 24 Amp (~$140)
+ Powerful little package
+ Good looks
+Dual outputs
- Higher priced
- No USB port


ProTek RC 40 Amp (~$130)
+ Awesome value
+ USB Port
- Not as good looking
- Only 1 output for this much power


Competition Electronics 23 Amp (~$130)
+ Decent power for price
- Single output
- No USB


ProTek RC 20 Amp (~$65)
+ Good value
+ USB Port
- Not sure if 20 Amps is enough for me
- Single output


Integy Super Station 27 Amp (~$150)
+ Good power for value
+ Good looking
+ Multi outputs
+ Nice footprint
- No USB


Checkpoint 25 Amp (~$90) (Available Here)
+ Great power to value ratio
+ Dual outputs
+ Small footprint
- No USB


Generic 40 Amp (~$100) (Available Here)
+ 40 amps for $100!
+ Multi outputs
- A little thick in height
- Wonky terminals
- No USB


Thanks to A Main Hobbies & Robot Marketplace for the pics!

2 comments:

ra99gt said...

don't forget, that if you use the matching muchmore charger, you can dock it right to the top, and no wires to connect the charger to the power supply! :)

Unknown said...

I will be using Orion Race Spec charger (of course) but I will plug them into the docking plugs on top to keep it looking clean.