Friday, April 4, 2008

Southern Ontario Indoor Off Road Championships - Day 1

Southern Ontario Indoor Off Road Championships
Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

Day 1 - Set up and Practice

So Day 1 began around 1pm and "Tent City" was constructed in the pits for those that didn't pit in the side room. Many of us fully enclosed out tents to keep the nasty Nitro fumes out. Lots of people are prepared this year and the hum of propane heaters was heard in many of the pits (mine included!). I was all by myself in my tent as Mike, Steve and Gino wussed out on me (Mike is probably at home drinking Club Soda...haha). London racer Andre showed up a little late and I offered up the vacant slot in the tent. I am next to the Glenwood RC "Valhalla" of a pit tent(pics tomorrow). It is like 3 or 4 tents all enclosed with like 4 heaters in it! There are tons of the Springfield crew here which is always fun. Justin Williams showed up a little late as well and was pitting out in the open so I offered him a spot in the Kyosho Kabin. The track is really good. Much better than last years layout although the dirt is a little different than last time. There is no watering or sweeping this year and there is a light dust on the track. I have been trying lots of tire combos and the new JConcepts Goosebumps were working well. Their front ribs I find are better than my old favorite Losi ribs too. Thanks to the JConcept guys for the speedy delivery on them! Us electric guys didn't get that much track time (as we are small in numbers compared to the nitro guys) but the track is well suited for both scales of cars. The fumes are not as bad as last year and with the weather supposed to be warmer for Saturday and Sunday I think it will be a good event. I'll take more pictures and videos during the down time tomorrow. Again, no internet at the track so my coverage is yet again "Almost Live".....


Almost there!

Chesterman Indoor MX Park (The track is in the building on the right. It is BIG)

Registration in the store...Thank God for the pre-paid line!


2008 Layout. It's a fun track!

The Kyosho "Kabin"


"Tent City"

The other room for pitting.

View from the stand




A couple of laps with Mr. Birku of Sprucewood Racing




The Ripple Section

No comments: