Saturday, April 5, 2008

Southern Ontario Indoor Off Road Championships - Day 2

Southern Ontario Indoor Off Road Championships - Day 2

Just rolled in, but I am sure they are still finishing the Qualifying. That is one good thing about electric I guess...I get to go home sooner! Well Day 2 is in the books and The track was still fun even though it is getting a little blown out (they are not watering or sweeping the track). The weather was awesome today and that kept things warm and the added ventilation of Chestermans is really good. The fumes are nowhere near as bad as last year. It did not bother me at all. Qualifying started out a little slow for most as we are still really learning the track. In 2wd I managed to TQ with a 9 lap @ 5:19 over Glenwood's Cory Pullman and Brian Bellinger. In 4wd there was a battle every round. Kyle Innman, Brian Bellinger, Kenny Thompson and myself swaped TQ pace almost every round, but we all missed the elusive 10 laps in round 1 and 2 (Kyle with a 9 lap 5:03). I was TQ first round, Kyle squeaked Brian in the second round for TQ and in the final round I made about 5 setting changes at once to the Lazer as a balls out move (Mike likes it when I do that), but it proved to be the shiznat. I laid down a 10 lap 5:29 or so pace with Brian squeaking in there as well with a 10 lap 5:39 or so pace on a blown out track too! Kyle settled for a 9 lapper for third. The 4wd main is gonna be a great race! I broke a few parts (see pics) but had a decent day. I watched 2 movies on the lap top as it was about 4 hours for each round). On the way out I think I heard Dave Henry was TQ in Truggy (no surprises there). Needless to say it was a long day! Here are some pics...videos will be up in the morning.

View from the VIP Lounge


Overlooking the pits


VIP Lounge from the ground


Inside the lounge. There were a couple of hobby stores and a bunch of chairs and couches.


Some Nitro Practice

Abiye Birku's Sprucewood/Losi 8ight

Dave Henry's Truggy (TQ) and the '08 Sprucewood Body design.

Misc. Jammin car


Inside the Glenwood "Valhalla" Pit

The breakage total for me and Andre (cold morning practice and plastic are not friends)

JConcepts new Goosebumps tires were hooking up really well on the dusty surface.

After a long hard fought day, I'm sitting TQ in 2wd and 4wd Electric!


Random Thoughts:

- I wish more of the crybaby electric guys came out. The track is soooo much fun. Matt once again gave us a great track layout!

- I do think it should have been watered (at least overnight) as there is a light dust off the main line that can be SLICK! Also the ruts are getting rather large in some spots.

- I love a building with solid breakers. We have yet to trip one and the laptop really saves you in between rounds (just get us wireless next year!)

- The track "Nazi" (the guy running the pit lane and driver's stand area) has been keeping a good flow going.

- I would go into town in between rounds (looks like there is a nice coffee house there...but I was affraid of loosing my sweet parking spot...haha

- Packing up my crap tonight is gonna suck

- At least I don't have to cross any borders this time.

- I forget what my son looks like (but I checked in on him before I left)

- There were "rumours" over the mic that I was coming to Nitro.....these are false. LOL

Mike'isms: Although he is not here I can still bag on him for being a pussy for not being here. The Glenwood guys agree with me.

Some short video's (Sorry for no electric video...tough to do while getting ready myself)


The double (they had to rope off the area behind there as guys were just pinning it and taking out spectators)


Ripples, double and the sweeper


Martin Petre's Truggy...I think (all you Nitro guys look the same to me..haha)

No comments: