Monday, December 8, 2008

Indoor Dirt at Glenwood!

Clubbin' @ Glenwood R/C

Well I have been off for a while working, but finally had time to sneak down to Glenwood R/C for some indoor dirt action. I couldn't make it down for Friday practice so it was off at 5 AM Saturday to get there early. Road tripping in the Subaru this time were two new guys: Ryan and Jay (Steve and Gino went down on Friday). The boys at Glenwood always make full use of their small track. Their layouts never disappoint! The fine talcum powder like clay is an interesting surface and slicks are always the weapon of choice. Usually Losi Pink Taper's, but I had success with slicked out J Concepts Goosebumps in Green compound. Anyway's on to the action:


Up Early...


2wd 10.5 Class

A few guys were missing this weekend, but there was still no shortage of talent there. Fellow Canadian local Chet Kelsey continued to lay it down with his B4 taking T.Q. (Chet sneaked in the extra lap I had some bad luck in the 3rd round stripping a ball stud out of the rear hub and that let a fine drive by Zach edge me out of 2nd by under 1 second. I was trying a new set up from team mate Rob Betts and while it looked a little weird on the set up sheet, it drove pretty good. I only made a couple of minor changes to suit this track but this set up is MILES away from my regular one. In the Main we all got off pretty clean for the first half and then a huge pile up from 2nd to 5th let Chet stretch it out and B Main bump up Rick Siller weave through into 2nd. I was down to dead last and drove my ass off to get back up to 3rd. Chet was gone by that point and took an easy win, Rick drove a clean race to fend my advances off for 2nd leaving me in 3rd. Was a fun race though and while I am extremely competitive, I was happy with the result after being out for a while and with a new set up. I'll be gunning for Chet the next time, that is for sure buddy!




4wd Open

this class has gotten crazy at Glenwood. Everyone just pinning it out there. I tried a new set up in the Lazer SP and well.....it sucked. LOL! Had mediocre 1st and 2nd qualifiers and then blew the front diff out in the warm up laps of the 3rd. Not good. I ended up in the B Main, but decided I didn't have enough time to rebuild the diff before the main so I shelved the car (it is still in the trunk of my car..haha). Brian Bellinger drove his B44 like a maniac to take the win in the A Main. The race was crazy. There was a train for most of the race and you could throw a blanket over the top 4 for a lot of it. I'll let the video do the talking.



Truck: Didn't get to see too much of it but here are the results:




Random Thoughts:

- Good to see Chet back and healthy. The time off hasn't slowed him down.
- Damn the US Burger Kings and NOT having gravy for the fries!
- I thought it was funny Ryan has never been to the USA before and Buffalo was a great way to see the States for the first time...haha.
- I miss Mike's GPS. Jill (the GPS voice) was great. I wanted to throw my crappy one out the window as it was sending me in all crazy directions while trying to pick Jay up in the morning.
- Felt good to be back on dirt. Glenwood really is a great place to race. Good racing, good people.
- Customs on both sides were quick and easy. No searching this time.
- Good to see Anthony driving a 4wd car even if it is a Losi
- Everyone is stepping up their game! The racing is tight!

Pics and Vids:

The RB5 with the new Tekin RS ESC. Worked really well.

The Lazer..didn't work as well.



Fred checking Chets trunk for some Appleton!

Steve is ALWAYS working on his cars!

The Lazer..retired for the night.

The only chick for miles...lol

The "Love Machine"

Freds B44 and Anthiny's cute little Losi wind up car.



Chets A Main winning B4

Ryan's B4. New to slicks.



2wd A Main

No comments: