Saturday, April 10, 2010

Canadian Indoor Off road Shootout: Qualifying

Man, bit of a gong show today! Took like 12 hours to get through 2 round of qualifying! Weather was warmer albeit a bit windy. I think Dakota Phend is TQ so far in Truggy and Buggy (Barry Baker might have got buggy in round 2?). I forgot who is TQ in e buggy. Track is slightly blown out but holding together alright. It's late and I need sleep so I will keep it brief.

Random Thoughts:
- Waaaaaaaay, let me repeat: waaaaaaay too many mercy minutes. I had to be re-fueled 3 time the one heat before it got started!!! With 333 entires, you cannot do this. Start the clock 5 min quali's, 2 minutes between and let it go. If you are not on the track, sucks being you....
- I am now officially part of the Tekin RX8 Blow Up club. While I love the sensored systems smoothness, I would like more to finish my heat...I think there are at least 4 or 5 Tekin RX8's that went poof in so far at this race...Yes, mine was mounted properly and ran fine for 3 race days prior. thanks Steve Mostacci for loaning me a Mamba Monster to keep me running.
- Dakota's cars are killing it out there. The boy can wheel!
- I still have not learned nitro finger...lol Still amazed the difference in feel between my two cars!

Ryan'isms
- Ryan gets off scott free today! many thanks go out to him for pitting for me!
- wait Ryan did overfill my tank once...does that count? haha


See facebook for pics....

No comments: