Monday, February 25, 2008

2008 Quebec Championships @ Circuit JC


A Little shot of the track and the bleachers



Mikey hitting up the triple Gino in behind him in one of the qualifying rounds



Once again my nice clean pit..... And Mikes trademark "Landfill" pit area.


Some racing action Old Skool dirt! Step Pin tires!


The RB5 ready to go The Lazer waiting in the wings


Quick shot of part of the pits. They had another whole room as well off to the side. Check out everyone in T Shirts in the middle of winter! Love the Greenhouse!



Our new friend Marlene's Losi XXX. She could drive quite well and I think she was in the B Main! Her and her boyfriend Marco were super cool and helpful with some translation and a big thanks to them for getting Mikes busted allen tip out so he could fix a blown one way bearing in his BJ4WE. See you guys in Tillsonbourgh!


One of the few RB5 getting some launch time.


There were a few Losi's, mostly B4's here though


Another RB5 brother.

More racing and roost action!

Missed the TQ by under a second (crap). I was in second place and had a good start and there were good battles in the main for 1st place in the first couple of minutes then I had a a few bobbles (choked a bit? lol) and a hard charging Dave Ivicheic sneaked by when I rutt rolled at the end of the straight with 2 laps to go (double crap). You needed a clean run to win here as the top local guys are super consistent. The triple was my killer :( The track got rutted out and also dried out a bit by the mains and I made a last minute switch in tires to Bowties while everyone else kept their Step Pins. I don't think it was a bad choice though as half the track was still wet and half was dry so it was here nor there.

There were almost all B4's in the A Main aside from one Losi and my RB5.

Equipment Used:
Kyosho Ultima RB5
Team Orion Vortex 7.5 (24/78)
Team Orion Race Spec 3600 LiPo
Team Orion Advantage Charger




Again, I put a little pressure on first for a bit then a crash in the triple was my undoing. I battled back, but made a few more mistakes (damn triple) while trying to push it hard to make up ground and well you just can't do that here and win. I got tangled with a back marker a couple of times, but Eric was gone by then. I used the Bowties front and back on my Lazer and thought that is was better than the Step Pins personally.

I think it was all Lazer's and B44's in this main.

Equipment Used:
Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 SP
Team Orion Vortex 6.5 (23/78)
Team Orion Race Spec 3600 LiPo
Team Orion Advantage Charger



Thanks to the Circuit JC guys for having us down and putting on a good show! The racing was great and we all had fun. We'll be back next year!


Random thoughts:

- I was running 20 weight oil with the big 2 hole pistons in the rear of my RB5! Never thought I'd every see 20 wt oil in my car, but it was working well.

- There was no love in qualifying when it came to lapping traffic! The Quebecois are agressive drivers and you had to be careful when approaching lapped traffic. Being the unknowns here didn't help as we were stuck in the lower qualifiers and there was no re-sort till the next day.

- How we missed booking the hotel with the strip club attached to it I will never know...

- Jill the GPS voice is ingrained in my head from all this traveling to races.

- I should have paid more attention in my French Immersion classes. I think I did ok though. It was funny when someone would ask me a question in French and I would answer in English (I can still read and understand French, but my grammar when speaking is horrible)

- I couldn't believe how hot it got in there. You really could have worn shorts. Greenhouse tracks rule in the winter!

- Mikes Losi CR has no punch...haha

- Gino is gonna tear it up this summer....watch out!

- Circuit JC needs to step it up and run 7 or 10 minute A Mains!

- The JLap counting system was pretty cool. It called out the drivers names and spit out some funny random comments like "I hope you are enjoying the race" every now and then. It also had crazy starting music.

- Le Quebecois LOOOVE their Emjay (90's dance music singer). There was plenty of "UM CH UM CH UM CH" beats going on through out the day.

- TONS of guys there were running LiPo's from: http://rcbuy.vstore.ca/ . They are starting to make their way into Ontario and I thought I'd give him a shout out as he was a really cool guy! I still think my Team Orion packs are better though! :P (gotta say it right!)

- I hope some of these guys make it out to www.sidsraceway.com this summer for some racing action.

- We would have loved to stick around for the awards ceremony, but with a 4 hour drive home we needed to get on the road. We got home at a respectable 11:00pm.

- Mike beat Steve's previous TQ run of 168km/h with a blistering 178km/h in the Subaru. I pussied out at around 150km/h...not because of the speed, but because I like my current insurance rate of $83 a month and would like to keep it.

- One last Mikeism: I was killing myself laughing at Swiss chalet on the way home when he was complaining to the waitress that there was no hot water in the bathroom when he was washing his hands (I had hot water though for some reason). No Club Soda though with his chicken.... :P



Edit:





A couple of laps with Marlene. She can drive!







A few laps with Mike and Gino.

1 comment:

Ridge Racer said...

Cool Videos sir! :) Looks like a fun race.