Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Next "Almost Live Coverage": Quebec Electric Off Road Championships




Check out the roost coming off these cars...old skool baby!

So we are at it again this weekend. This time "Speed Demon" Steve will be replaced by up and coming racer Gino. Mike, Gino and myself will pack up the Subaru once again and head off to "La Belle Province" to mix it up at the Quebec Off Road Championships. It's about a 4 hour drive (why are all these tracks 4 hours away from me?), but it is in a converted greenhouse so the dirt should be moist (when was the last time you used Step Pin tires?) and it should be warm in there for a change. Really wanted to head down to NY and hit up Glenwood RC's Trophy Race, but we have never been to Circuit JC and I hear good things about it so we at least have to check it out once. It will give me a chance to polish up on my french as well. Tabernac! I'll get some pics and videos up as soon as I can. Let's get it on!

You can get Google translated info on the track here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.circuitjc.ca%2F&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

What's new on my end? The RB5 is back to "old faithful" set up wise. This was one I came up with last summer and seems to work good on bumpy tracks. I am officially dumping the Rear Middle Arm Conversion thingy as I still don't like the way it handles with it. But at least all my rear arms will match now between the 2wd and 4wd! I will also try a new set up on the Lazer SP just for something to do.

Random Thought: I hope my new bodies are done at The Bawdy Shop. My RB5 body had taken it's lumps at the last two races in the USA.

No comments: