Saturday, February 23, 2008

Off to the Races! Day One.


My dog "Poker" was not too impressed with me waking him up at 2:30am...



Packed light for this one....


This was worth it's weight in gold this morning...nice latte to get the morning going.


So the gong show started at 2:30am as I snuck out of my house to play with toy cars. Started my car and one headlight blew out....nice. Picked up Gino and then off to Mike's. We were on the road at about 4 am. Took 4 hours to get here. This track is in the middle of nowhere! The track is pretty good. The dirt is sweet. Lots of loamy traction. Step pins and Bowties seem to work well. The people are all very nice although the racing is a little more grassroots out here. There are some fast guys though and competition is tight! We had 3 rounds of qualifying today and I am sitting in the top 3 for both 2wd and 4wd. Mike and Gino are in the mix as well. The greenhouse thing is crazy. You could wear shorts in there it is that warm. I was down to a t shirt as it was actually hot in there mid day. So we got out around 6:30 and it was getting dark so of course my remaining headlight blows out and we are drving with either my high beams or just the fog lights...lol. No auto stores anwhere so I will have to search tomorrow in between racing. Pics will be uploaded later. I will try and shoot some video of the roost action as well.

Mike while not knowing any french and with a pizza employee that doesn't speak any english are funny to watch as he nit picks about his sandwich order trying to find out if they have whole wheat bread or not...LOL...Gino and I kept it simple and just ate off the rack pizza....No club soda was ordered though, so that is a plus!

Edit:

"High End" baby!


Yes folks, that is REAL velvet with the extra touch of the mirror surround on the bedside table....They just don't make 'em like that anymore.....


Some of the fine art around the room. I guess we got the Jungle Suite!



70's table lamp...very nice.

Mike thought that we might have a "Boutique" motel being in a small town. I told him "Boutique" and small boonie Quebec town are not to be used in the same sentence and well this was our room. LOL. I forgot to take a picture of the light switch for the bathroom that was actually in the shower. Nice and safe! Whatever though, it was only one night.

1 comment:

Ridge Racer said...

It sounds like you had more fun in the hotel then at the track. :)