Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hardcore Raceway Sunday Series #3

Round 3 came around and I was a little better prepared. I struggled in qualifying and with only 2 rounds of qualifiers I could only muster up a mid pack B main slot. I managed to weave my way into the lead about halfway and was already thinking of the bump up when a flameout took me out of the running and I ended up in 5th place. The car was way better though this time and my lap times were up there with the best just needed a little more luck. In electric I had TQ in the first round and then everyone stepped it up in the second round. I was on my way to TQing the second round when the car started to fade. I was thermalling with maybe 4 corners to go! it cost me my TQ spot! In the pits I saw that the Tekin fan had broken a fin and caused the fan to jam. Those fans really suck balls as it is the third fan I have had to replace in a few months. I ended up qualifying in 3rd and was pretty gutted. I was confident I could make a good run in the main and at the tone the top 3 took off and were checking out. I made the switch to JConcepts Double Dee V2 in Blue for the main and the car was fantastic out there. Then the rain hit...pretty fast and pretty hard. They had to call the race and use the qualifying order for the points....great. One little fan blade cost me some good points! Oh well, that's the way it rolls sometimes.

No comments: