Saturday, July 17, 2010

RC Pro Series Round 3 - Saturday Qualifying



So qualifying is in the books. It was a long day but after about 10 hours, we got the 4 rounds of Qual Points Qualifying in! The track has changed quite a bit from Friday's practice. You could really drive the track hard on Friday and clear a lot of the jumps easily. The sun was out in full force though and the track really dried out and got dusty and loose. The truggies looked pretty good out there on the rutted and blown out track and the buggies were all having their share of difficulties. No one in Buggy looked like they were laying it down. In electric buggy, Andy Vetor's buggy was really good out there and he TQ'd 3 of the 4 rounds. Abiye and I battled in the last qualifier for second place and we both swapped the lead throughout the race. Abiye held it together more then I did though and he secured the second place with me in third.I am not sure the new set up is as good as my old one, but this track is so blown out that it is hard to tell.

Top 5 Electric Buggy A Main

1. Andy Vetor - Hot Bodies

2. Abiye Birku - Tamiya Canada

3. John Summach - Kyosho America/JConcepts

4. Steve Bortolotti - Tamiya Canada

5. Jay Lovegrove - Associated RC8Be

In Nitro Buggy, It was all over the place in qualifying. I managed to bag a 4th and a 2nd in rounds 2 and 3. I was in good shape for round 4 but just before I crossed the loop to start, my front shock came off on the tower! I guess the nut had fallen off somehow. Marco ran back to the pit and got me sorted out but I was already a couple laps down so I just tried some new lines and jumps. that unfortunately dropped me to 6th place in the A Main grid.

Top 5 Expert Nitro A Main

1. George Stilliadis - Sprucewood Losi

2. Abiye Birku - Tamiya Canada

3. Jordan Krupp - Mugen Canada

4. Daniel Yachnin - Sprucewood Losi

5. Derek Sousa - Hot Bodies?

*6. John Summach - Kyosho America/JConcepts
(Shamless plug for me as it is my Blog)


Random Thoughts:


- Weather was crazy today. Sunny morning, overcast/threatening thunder showers afternoon, windy as hell evening.
- Announcer Nick Imenio managed to pull off 4 rounds of qualifying in one day. Good job. Many (myself included) did not think it could be done!
- The track was really fun on Friday and gapping the big jump and table top was fun in e buggy. The dryness and blown out jumps on Saturday put and end to that fun...lol.
- Thanks to Tamiya Canada's Abiye Birku for tuning my motor. I still am learning on what to do when weather changes...slowly getting it but it is great to have people at the races that know a lot about tuning and the fact they don't mind sharing the info!
- Trying Tebo's new set up from National (including moving the RX pack up front). It seems pretty good. A tad nose heavy on jumps though here.
- So many cool trailers at the race this weekend. I NEED to get me one for next year! haha
- I find it comedic that EVERY race has marshaling problems. 80% of us have been doing this enough to know where you should be and when. There were so many empty cones out there throughout the day. It is just sad.
- Cool little venue. Motel, Food, Bar, Paintball and Lake all within walking distance. It is also 25 minutes from my house which is nice!
- Lots of junk in the dirt though geting exposed as the track deteriorates. I found a big ass brick, some glass, rocks, exposed tree roots & some kind of mesh.
- Atmosphere seems a little more chill here which is nice for a change. Less cursing on the stand for some reason.
- I am still digging Nitro. It is still more fun that I expected it to be.


Jayism's
- Jay is showing prowess at his home track and all the practice is paying off. Solid runs out there today.
- Jay's car only had one mechanical today (bent CVD)!
- No spilt tire bucket!!


Ryan'isms
- Ryan has finally discovered the female sex and has chosen Ho's before Bro's this weekend


Fred'isms
- Fred I am sure is enjoying a rum and coke or two up north at his cottage this weekend.
- Fred would be cursing out the ripples and blown out sections anyways.


Chet'isms
- BLAH BLAH BLAH have to fix my real car
- BLAH BLAH BLAH girlfriend this and that
- Pffffft Pussy.

Pics:

Some of the pit area

The track

More pits

Kyosho Korner

Neighbours bad ass pit tent...I love this thing.

New set up...seems to be working for me.

Crazy ass spider I found hiding on my car.

Speed dirt.

George's Truggy

Driver stand area

Pit lane. You can play where's Willy?






No comments: